Friday, February 19, 2010

Dry Cleaner be gone!!!


Having recently moved to NYC and finding myself STILL unemployed - I found it necessary to bid adieu to my expensive dry cleaning habits. Back in Vegas, taking 3 dresses, 5 shirts, 4 slacks and two alterations to my neighborhood cleaner would have cost me around 60.00. New York? I brought 2 dresses and a skirt to a cleaner who shall remain nameless (pick one) and paid $72.00 for the 3 items. When I received the bill, the only that prevented me from soiling myself is the slacks I had on were also Dry Clean Only.

Frugal friends rejoice! I did my homework and after much deliberation, made the decision to purchase the portable McCulloch home garment steamer. Its a fabulous little machine that comes in a a fun yellow and includes a nifty extend-able hanger rod and has casters for easy mobility.

I had used Conair steamers in the past which were OK - but this bad boy had 3 dresses, a blouse, a sweater and a pair of slacks steamed and fresh as can be faster than a dry cleaner can say "That'll be $72.00". The best part? It only costs $44.00 and shipping is free. Now we know why they call it "Taking me to the cleaners!"

Get yours here

1 comment:

  1. Oh Domo, please be careful.. I burned myself too too many times. Ekk!!!

    ReplyDelete